Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Indicative of anything?

37And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things. 38And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. (3 Nephi 11:37-38)

We spouses were invited to (Home, Family, and Personal) Enrichment tonight for an excellent mini-seminar on estate planning. (Extremely useful information and very enlightening.) For an opening song, we sang “Families Can Be Together Forever” (slightly quirky choice, considering the topic of death planning). I noticed that while the music conductor was using the hymnbook, the pianist was using the Primary songbook. It made me wonder whether the inclusion of Primary songs in the latest edition of the hymnbook is indicative of anything. Is it a sign that the Church wants us to be simpler-minded in our faith -- more like children? Or am I reading too much into these inclusions? How do we determine whether some phenomenon is indicative of some larger thing?

3 comments:

  1. I won't wonder about it until "Once there was a Snowman" appears in the hymn book... 

    Posted by Pink Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, if "Popcorn Popping" isn't in the hymnbook, the book needs an overhaul. 

    Posted by Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The primary version is much easier to play... 

    Posted by Daylan Darby

    ReplyDelete